Glem Gas was born in 1959 at Modena, Italy.
In the best post-war Italian tradition, the company was founded by 3 old friends who had the intuition to start producing small gas operated heaters and chimneys.
GLEM manufacturing best practices include:
• Cutting edge gas cooking technology
• Experienced in bi-energy cooking solutions
• Flexible in proposing tailor-made solutions
Note: All the Cooktops have ‘*Flame failure’ … this means if the flame blows out, the gas automatically shuts off ..What a great safety feature!
The Gas Showroom is proud to stock a range of GLEM Cooktops Models or ‘Hobs’:
*FLAME FAILURE PROTECTION:
Thermocouples stop the flow of gas in the event of an accidental flame failure.
The thermocouple intervenes within 3 seconds of the flame switching off and it is active even in the event of a power cut.
Q: What should you look for in a good cooktop?
A: The cooking appliance decision is a big one. We use them every day to create meals for our families.
They can add value to our homes.
The right appliance can provide years of rewarding service, but the wrong appliance can lead to frustration and years of disappointment.
So, to make the right choice, you should consider some of the following
- Size – how much space do you have? Know the exact dimensions.
Is it for a new kitchen or a replacement for an existing appliance? Freestanding cooker or built in? They both have merits.
There is no incorrect decision other than what is right or wrong for you.
- Gas or electric – Gas is cheaper, faster and better for the environment – but check that the gas is connected with your energy provider first.
Or, do you have the right electric connection? Rewiring a home can be expensive. Have this knowledge before making the purchase. Electricity is simple and easy and the new induction cooktops are fast and efficient. ( Don’t forget that Cash Rebates are on offer from time to time for anyone switching for Electric to Gas! As The Gas Girls about this..)
- Cooking – What do you cook? Mainly roasts? They will cook best in gas. Mainly pastries? They will cook best in electric ovens but everything will cook properly in gas and electric when the ovens are used correctly.
- Style – What finish and style will match your kitchen? Check the materials used .