So many people do NOT know how much yummy sweeter stuff can be cooked on the Weber BBQ’s!
Great project for the Holidays ( Hint Hint )
So The Gas Girls ( well, one of our daughter’s – Annabelle) thought we would give you a delicious and EASY recipe – and show you.
The Recipe can be downloaded as a PDF.
We list the instructions below for you anyway.. Thanks Annabelle!
Pop into Chatswood over the weekend to TRY this slice…we are also open holiday Mon 5th Oct – 10 am – 3 pm!
We baked ours in the fabulous Weber Casserole dish, with detachable handles, that is part of a set in small or large.
You can also use the large Q Ware Casserole dish with lid OR the large Q ware Frying pan
EASY LEMON COCONUT SLICE ON WEBER BBQ
• 250 grams butter, softened
• 4 eggs
• 2 to 3 large lemons (2 tablespoons finely grated lemon rind + 1/3 cup lemon juice)
• 2 cups caster sugar
• 1½ cup self-raising flour
• 1 cup desiccated coconut, plus 2 tablespoons for topping
Icing sugar, to dust
• Prepare the barbecue for indirect cooking over medium-low heat (170°C to 190°C – baking setting).
• In a Weber Ware frying pan, add the butter.
• Place the frying pan onto the barbecue, on a side burner or a stove top and melt the butter. Once just melted, pour the butter into a large mixing bowl. Use a piece of paper towel to spread the leftover butter residue around the pan to grease. Line the pan with a sheet of baking paper (this will help to lift the slice out once cooked).
• Add the sugar into the bowl with the butter and stir to combine. Add the eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Add the flour, lemon rind, lemon juice and 1 cup of the coconut. Stir to form a cake batter. Pour the Batter into the frying pan. Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of coconut over the cake.
• Bake the lemon slice over indirect medium-low heat, with the lid closed, for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
• Leave the cake to cool completely before slicing. Dust with icing sugar before serving.
This decadent, citrus slice is so simple to whip up and easy, with only 6 ingredients and can easily please your hungry mob!